Sleeper
Play Together
JOIN IN
FF Advice
protasma  •  2 days ago

For other commishes, what’s your thoughts on teams actively trying to tank? And what do you do to prevent it?

🔥 Hot Takes
CheeseburgerWalrus1 2 days ago

@protasma 1– Have the 1.01-1.06 based on MAX PF, 1.07-1.12 based on playoff finish. The max PF assures that the WORST team really gets the best pick, thus making them better and the league more competitive 2-make it mandatory that all teams MUST start players expected to be active and accumulate points on game day. If they don’t listen then as commish you throw their highest projected player in that lineup spot for them 3-when it comes down to it - who cares? If someone wants to throw away a years worth of league dues and you have one less team to contend with for a ship then so be it

Steven 2 days ago

If you tank by trading away your best assets for picks no problem - benching your studs to intentionally throw a week is banned in all my leagues

TDogg7 2 days ago

There’s different types of tanking. If you want to trade away your best players for picks/youth and tank I’m 100% fine with that. Now if someone isn’t setting their lineup and benching good players intentionally then that’s where it becomes an issue

rantboy 2 days ago

we use a lottery system in the draft to help prevent tanking. since your record only gives you a particular percentage change to earn the pick you want, it makes it harder to justify tanking… the guy that tanked as hard as he possible could last year ended up with the 1.04 lol

🕒 Latest
phillysports31 2 days ago

I agree w @CheeseburgerWalrus1 here, no reason to truly prevent tanking from in a free league

Steven 2 days ago

Easy way to prevent it is max potential pts for when determining draft order for non playoff teams

JarekF21 2 days ago

I agree with @TDogg7. Trading away good players for youth and picks is fine, but as long as they are setting lineups and playing a reasonable lineup, I don’t have an issue. Another thing that I do in my league (12 teams) is that the consolation bracket for the 6 teams that miss the playoffs is what determines draft order. Between the 7th-9th place teams from the regular season, they are competing for picks 4-6 based on how they do during weeks 15-17 (record in those 3 games, points scored as tiebreaker) and same thing for the 10th-12th place teams, who compete for picks @protasma

gregsabo 2 days ago

as long as they are not just giving all their good players to one team....

gregsabo 2 days ago

tanking is a strategy used in most every professional league (by the smart GMs)

gregsabo 2 days ago

i don't like the whole max points for thing.... the owner is still paying the fee like everyone else why does it matter

protasma 2 days ago

I really appreciate all the feedback, definitely will be implementing a combination of all the ideas here

trade
LON3  •  1 hour ago

Dynasty superflex 12 team on the edge of completing.. Josh Jacobs or 2025 first?

rate
theploi  •  2 hours ago

Totally rebuilt my team - decided to tank in 2023 and I feel pretty good about my new team after finishing our rookie draft today! Do you think my team better now or before? Should I try to compete this year? Team before 2023 season: QB: Lamar Jackson & Brady but retired :( RB: Jonathan Taylor, Kamara, Warren, Hunt WR: Reek, Amari, Hollywood, Palmer TE: LaPorta, Njoku Picks: my own picks only Team now: QB: Burrow, Deshaun, Bo Nix RB: Kyren and no one else 😅 WR: Chase, AJB, G.Wilson, BTJ, Ladd, palmer TE: Mark Andrews, Njoku pick: 3 25’1sts no 2nd or 3rd - all my 26 picks

trade
LandoLakes75  •  3 hours ago

12 Team SF Full TEP Dynasty A) Dak B) Stafford and Addison

trade
TimeJew  •  3 hours ago

Preference for Dynasty? Garrett Wilson or Malik Nabers

tig0  •  3 hours ago

Got an orphan today and was offered this in a 1QB. Send: AJB, Deebo, Miles Sanders, 2.01 Get: 1.06, 1.08, 2.07, 5.06, Geno

trade
LandoLakes75  •  4 hours ago

12 Team SF Full TEP Dynasty A) Dak B) Deshaun and Addison

rate
sa3lv  •  4 hours ago

QB1: Aaron Rodgers RB1: Devin Singletary RB2: Ezekiel Elliott WR1: DeAndre Hopkins WR2: Brian Thomas Jr. TE: David Njoku FLEX: Gus Edwards FLEX: DeMario Douglas S-FLEX: Trevor Lawrence DEF: Buccaneers -NOTABLE BENCH- Wan'Dale Robinson WR Taysom Hill TE/QB Rashad Bateman WR DEF: Chiefs -PICKS- *2024* R1 P.8 R2 P.8 R3 P.8 R3 P.9 R3 P.10 *2025* R1 R1 R2 R3 *2026* R1 R1 R2 R3 **it's a 10 team superflex league with a TE premium. Not my team, I'm a commish reviewing and grading all my managers teams, what would yall grade/thoughts on this team

Kayakman24  •  4 hours ago

Full ppr. Which 2 should I keep? Waddle Nico Collins’s Dk Metcalf