Sleeper
Play Together
JOIN IN
FF Leagues
russkeedee  •  4 years ago

I'm about to over pay for D. Monty. Change my mind

🔥 Hot Takes
MoneyMose 4 years ago

@IZigUZag ppl don’t like it when you hit em with real time talent evaluation in the FF world lol

FantasyGod434 4 years ago

Also watch the tape tho and see he does very well with bad blocking. Ranked bottom of league in blocking the last 2 yrs. Id say he did really well

romainejustin 4 years ago

Don’t overpay... never overpay. However I really like Monty, think his ceiling is a RB1 not 2 as mentioned above (don’t @ me with he’s not a top 12 RB, I know he’s not) but look at what he is and what he’s going to be asked to do. He is a guy who will get what’s blocked for him and fall forward meaning very few negative or short yardage plays. He’s their Big back who will handle goal line opportunities, if the bears continue to score like they have in recent years that should be an easy 5-6 short TD runs. He will also be on the field for the majority of snaps with Cohen spelling him on occasion and lining up in 2 RB sets. So he will get quite a few looks in the passing game, maybe 75 targets for 50 receptions? That gives even more opportunity. Now what will his final line look like, it’s hard to say but his floor I think is in the range of 200 carries, 30 receptions 1000 all purpose yards and 6 TD’s? That would’ve been about RB28 last year, or a good RB3.... his ceiling tho is Jordan Howard’s workload plus passing work let’s say 250 carries 70 receptions 1700 yards and 12 TD’s?? That would be the RB6 last year obviously this would be a crazy breakout and it’s probably not too likely. What do I think his final stat line looks like? 220 carries 45 receptions 1300 yards and 8 TD’s sounds about right. That would make him a fringe RB1/2 12-15 overall range... but that’s just my thoughts.

IZigUZag 4 years ago

No burst, no long speed. His ceiling is an RB2

I’d normally agree that Davis could eat into his work but I don’t typically see that when the starting back is getting the job done. Like the Jets have used multiple backs for years because none were producing consistently. But I think if Monty is averaging over 4.5 YPC Davis doesn’t see the field much at all

🕒 Latest
IZigUZag 4 years ago

When I mentioned his ceiling as an RB2 I meant he's never going to be an RB1 talent; not that he'd never put up RB1 numbers. He's definitely in a good situation. Opportunity will always trump talent for a fantasy RB. If Cohen gets injured Montgomery becomes the primary pass catcher. If Davis gets injured, he eats up almost all of the goal line work. That's going to significantly impact Montgomery's end of season numbers. I think your estimates are pretty fair, but I'd lean the likely scenario more towards the lower end. The problem with not being an elite talent in his situation is that role players like Davis are going to eat into the pie. Davis is a much better running back than Cunningham last season, which is part of the reason that the 3rd RB for CHI had so little work.

IZigUZag 4 years ago

Hmm, we'll see. I've always liked Davis a lot more than the average fan, so perhaps I'm overrating him

I liked him too but I think the drafting Monty is his demise sadly. I bought Davis everywhere before the draft

Lets not forget the fact that Davis cant stay healthy

IZigUZag 4 years ago

That has been his bane up to this point, he seems to stay healthy as long as he's not logging starter reps, though

Which falls in DMs favor. Im happy 175 to 200 carries yr 1 with 20 to 30 receptions. Thats a good yr for a rookie. But i honestly believe he will eat into Cohens reps as well

ekiewlak 4 years ago

Montgomery will be a stud. Not Ezekiel Elliot stud (nobody is except for a select few). His tape says it all, amazing balance, vision & shiftiness. The breakaway speed narrative is overblown. That rarely matters in the NFL. Yes, it is a plus, but no it is not a staple in a players effectiveness. Not everyone can break 4 tackles and then out run the DB for a TD like Saquon can.

fantasybuff  •  14 minutes ago

Orphan team available, 2024 paid, 25 a year, 2025 fee is due before being assigned the team. First come first serve. Team owns the rookie 1.11, also has all of its draft capital, roster in the comments. Super Flex, PPR 2 starting TE, 2 point TEP Sleeper

bestball
Ahearn31  •  1 hour ago

Starting a 16 team BestBall Modified Guilotine league. No QBs, instead it just has 2 SF spots. $100 buy (Leaguesafe) This is a guilotine league with a twist. All the details are too long to post here. If you’re interested, just join the league and check the details in the pinned messages. Then you can just leave if you don’t wanna stay or stick around if you do. Just put this together last night so it’s just me and 1 other guy right now. Just hit the link in the comments if you wanna check it out and maybe try something different 👍

Orphan
MattHardy  •  2 hours ago

(4) orphans ($50) buy in for upcoming rookie draft. Hit pin in chat for team draft positions https://sleeper.com/i/LQ00jVg7mEdw

PaidDynasty
brennan0011  •  4 hours ago

(This year paid) $100 SF 14-team 2TEP orphan Hey guys, I have an orphan in my 14-team SF 2TEP league. This year is already paid, just need 2025 dues ($100) to lock the team in. The team made it to the semi-finals last year so definitely more win now. Team includes: Dak Prescott, Kyren Williams, Pacheco, Mike Evans, Aiyuk, Nick Chubb, TJ Hockenson, Dameon Pierce, Elijah Moore, only a 4th this year but has all 2025 rookie picks I’m commish of 7 leagues and always have everyone pay 2 years in advance so we know we have committed guys (that’s why this year’s already paid for you). Let me know if you have any questions and please reach out if you want the sleeper invite link!

Announcement
hipsterllama  •  4 hours ago

Check out the new pod! 🔥 NFL Mock Draft Reaction & Rookie Mock Draft (1-Round)

MockDrafts
jaypflug19  •  5 hours ago

Anyone doing any superflex mock drafts?

N8TEDAGR38T  •  6 hours ago

Hey, join my fantasy football league on Sleeper http://sleeper.com/i/JYmdZLK6wR84

CommishRemus  •  6 hours ago

taxi squad