Sleeper
Free Fantasy Leagues
GET APP
Fantasy Football Alerts
Livi  •  3 months ago
hype

“Josh Jacobs has signed his rookie contract with the #Raiders. He’ll be good to go for training camp.... and Hard Knocks.”

🔥 Hot Takes
Ogun 3 months ago

the kid lived in a car growing up. you know he's hungry. his adp will rise once hard knocks starts. can't wait

KINGJJAY 3 months ago

Not gonna matter. The man is the next Kenyan drake

VZags 3 months ago

Imagine drafting Josh Jacobs at 1.01 lmao

Daveybags92 3 months ago

Daniel Jones will win roty

Ogun 3 months ago

with AB and Tyrell taking the top off the defense, JJ will never see 8 man fronts

SHlNOBl 3 months ago

Did he get paid?

YacCity 3 months ago

I’ll take Brandon Jacobs over josh Jacobs

McCaffinator 3 months ago

Plenty will raise their eyebrows at the thought of Jacobs being the first running back selected in next year’s draft, and understandably so. First off, he’s still just a junior, which means he could decide to return for another title run in Tuscaloosa. Some might even contend that he’s not even the best running back prospect on his own team. Starter Damien Harris, who also surprised many by returning for his senior season in 2018, is widely regarded as one of the top backs in this year’s draft class. Then there’s other well-known starters like Iowa State’s David Montgomery, Kentucky’s Benny Snell, Jr., and Stanford’s Bryce Love. There are promising players recovering from injury, like Oklahoma’s Rodney Anderson. But Jacobs’ combination of a complete skill set and a lack of usage could make him a uniquely attractive prospect to the NFL. It’s unfair to compare any prospect to New Orleans Saints super-weapon Alvin Kamara, but Jacobs has all the traits that could make a pro team think they’re landing the next version of him by making this college backup the first running back off the board come next April.

knowbody 3 months ago

@knowbody shared something.

AboutTreeFiddy 3 months ago

The raiders need more help when it comes to next years draft....they won draft another rb, jacobs will be a fine all around back

🕒 Latest
DoctorLark 3 months ago

He's no Dame Williams amirite @camelflauge

FFX 3 months ago

Josh Jacobs will get over 300 touches and rush for over 1000 yards this season for the #Raiders...if they can just fix that O-line.

Josh Jacobs is not an easy prospect to evaluate. For most NFL scouts and self-styled NFL Draft analysts on the internet, he is either the best running back in the 2019 NFL draft class or at least in the conversation. I have a distinct feeling that there will be more running backs like Josh Jacobs in the future who have limited college production but are highly drafted based on what they put on “tape”. Alvin Kamara and his massive success in New Orleans is definitely funding the hype behind Jacobs. Kamara had only 284 college touches for 1,977 yards and 23 touchdowns while splitting work with future Baylor wide receiver Jaylen Hurd.

Josh Jacobs Final Verdict Would I want any team that I root for to take Josh Jacobs in the NFL Draft? It depends. If Josh Jacobs went to Nevada and was a 3rd round projected draft pick, absolutely. However, he went to Alabama and had massive games under the lights in the college football playoffs. He also has the hype of being compared to Alvin Kamara (though he reminds me much more Deangelo Williams than any other running back) due to the fact that both didn’t play much in college. Draft stock is the most important variable when projecting NFL success, especially for fantasy football. If Josh Jacobs goes in the first or second round, he is almost destined to several years of being a good running back for fantasy football but I do not see the same impending stardom that other NFL Draft analysts are projecting. That is not to say that the traits that scouts praise aren’t evident; they are. However, Jacobs does not seem to be a Saquon Barkley-level prospect and certainly doesn’t have the production or combine measurables to generate those comparisons. Jacobs is mostly a Rorschach-blot prospect and what I see is a good running back who can catch passes who is likely to be drafted highly and be a fantasy football asset in the future.

user00100000 3 months ago

^ someone REALLY wants the analyst tag

jwrentzel 3 months ago

@jwrentzel shared something.

HolyCrapernick 3 months ago

I was really worried...🙄

defense
Livi  •  18 minutes ago

“#Colts DE Justin Houston, who tweaked his calf earlier in the week, is expected to play today, source said.”

minor
Livi  •  18 minutes ago

“There is optimism the Packers could have at least one of their injured WRs – Marquez Valdes-Scantling (ankle, knee), Geronimo Allison (concussion, chest) – for today’s game against Raiders, per sources. Packers’ medical staff wants to make a decision in pre-game warmups on both.”

defense
Livi  •  21 minutes ago

“#Lions CB Darius Slay (hamstring) is expected to play today in an important game against the #Vikings, source said.”

minor
Livi  •  26 minutes ago

“#AZCardinals RB David Johnson (ankle) is expected to play today against the #Giants, while WR Christian Kirk (ankle) needs another week of rehab and recovery, sources say.”

minor
Livi  •  3 hours ago

“Bears’ QB Mitchell Trubisky, listed as questionable for today’s game against the Saints due to a shoulder injury, will play, per sources.”

minor
Livi  •  3 hours ago

“Cardinals’ RB David Johnson, listed as questionable for today’s game against the Giants due to an ankle injury, is expected to play, per source.”

minor
Livi  •  3 hours ago

“Jaguars’ WR Dede Westbrook, listed as questionable for today’s game against the Bengals, is likely to play but team first wants to check him out in warmups to make sure, per source.”

minor
Livi  •  3 hours ago

“Five Cowboys listed as questionable – Amari Cooper (thigh), Randall Cobb (back), Tyron Smith (ankle), La’el Collins (knee), Byron Jones (hamstring) – all are expected to play tonight against the Eagles, per sources.”